Scattering Resources is a nonprofit organization based in Atlanta Georgia, founded in 2009. Its mission is the purpose of helping those without the basic necessities to live with dignity in the U.S. and Haiti. It is the goal of SR to campaign on behalf of these disadvantaged individuals and provide resources that will enable them to move from a state of diasporas and desperation to independence and self-sufficiency.Scattering Resources’ contributions will be outreach, awareness discussions and workshops to individuals here in the U.S. Who have compassion for the plight of the individuals in Haiti. In addition, SR will also distribute donations of non-perishable items (i.e. send books, clothing, etc.) and send other resources to Haiti that will aid in the fight against poverty. Education Adequate Healthcare Access to Employment Training Opportunities and Counseling. This is for a website and mobile app development/redesign project with the aim of improving the user experience for donors, volunteers, and partners. Scattering Resources is seeking to create an app mobile to better facilitate and manage the operation and the engagement with participants. Redesign our current website to make it more user-friendly in terms of layout, design, and navigation as well as integrate efficiency between staff, volunteers, donors, and participants into a centralized nonprofit website.
The limitations of using WordPress plugins via Divi builder hindered our progress to implement our designs. The plugins were free and had limited functionality for us to develop certain designs (alignment of grids and responsiveness of certain sections when using a different media platform were all made difficult). Along with certain interaction elements of the design i.e. having a collapsible and expandable grid was difficult to figure out.This project was built with the Divi Editor, a plugin for WordPress. While the plug-in provided many helpful presets and options for website building, there were some things that were difficult to configure within the program.
This project will impact the users who rely on getting their information about Scattering Resouces or requests for services via the website.The project’s progress metrics are based on project timeline performance where the team follows weekly tasks and responsibilities. The tasks are a reflection of deliverables worked on by individual team members assigned to do. Weekly Monday meetings are held each week for the team to discuss and share updates.
To get a further in-depth analysis from users of the website we conducted the interviews to get an overall assessment how current user's experience are with the current website. By getting a better understanding of the user's feelings and thoughts when using the current website, our team can then better pinpoint what needs to be changed and what doesn't need fixing.
During the interview processes we also conducted usability tests where we ask the users to follow through certain tasks when navigating through the site.
The reason for doing the usability tests was to understand if our users are getting to the right information they needed and other goals they have when going through the site.
Insights we learned:
1. Donation button and overall presentation of donation page needed to be presented better. "Donate button - needs to be in larger font;bolder and stand out more, greener?"
• Takeaway: It should serve as one of the main feature of the website.
2. Possibly could the donation page automatically keep info on file, so current users don't have to enter each time to donate.
3. User's other goals when using the site was to look at recent events.
• Takeaway: Emphasize on redesigning the events page what will quickly capture user's attention and provide all the right events info they might need.
As the project moves on from the research phase, my CO-PM and I delegated the tasks and responsibilities by assigning everyone each individual pages of the website that needed to be redesigned. I was tasked with working on the "Our Works" page.
Our client provided use with a couple of references she wanted us to take some ideas of and reimagined it into the new redesign.
• The World Wildlife Fund website (WWF.org)
• Americana Community Center Inc (americanacc.org)
• General comparison between similar existing nonprofit orgs
Through a team collaborated effort we alot pitched in design systems elements/themes we each had in our drafts, now into one cohesive design system for the overall new website. We needed a unified system where our developers can easily reference off of once they start building the pages.
Based off on the comments made by the user. I decided it was best to seperate the two main topics of current page into two seperate pages. Made it easier for the users to find the topic and information that they are looking for.
Here are the finalized designs for the "Our Services" page and "Resource" page instead before where a lot of the information and still more content that was to be added per request by the client
This experience thought me alot and made me learn new things I didn't expect. Acting as a PM for this team really showed me the importance of how to how